Sunday, 31 January 2010

St Kilda Beach Photos

Yesterday, on the spur of the moment, we decided to take a drive to St. Kilda Beach to take photos of the sunset over the beach.  Well I had been thinking of taking a drive to the beach all day, but the St Kilda bit was the spur of the moment bit!

Wow . . . did we have a great time, and I can’t understand why I have never been there before.  The beach is rather nice, there are penguins at the end of the pier, and the photography at sunset was fantastic.

I decided to try shooting in RAW for a change, and have had my first play with editing photos in Adobe Lightroom, as well as editing RAW.

I narrowed my 200 or so shots down to 89, and then picked my favourite 40ish!  I have finished editing about 18 of them.

Here are a few of my favourites . . .

Sunset over the beachStKilda-33

Moon over waterStKilda-131 

Check out the rest in the album here . . . JLouPhotography on Flickr

I am LOVIN’ Adobe Lightroom . . .

Until next time . . .

  Judy

   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checked out the gallery on Flickr - beautiful. I just can't seem to get coposition right these days - but I think most of my photos are on the fly with kids and stuff. I've been hearing a lot about Lightroom lately.