Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Wow . . . I have made a discovery!

After taking 50 photos, for the “Photo a Day” challenge I am in, I have made a discovery.  Want me to share it with you?

I LOVE the look of those photos that have a really out of focus background, as well as some of the foreground out of focus, but I never seem to be able to get it like I want it . . . until now.
I used a telephoto lense, and focused on a point not right at the front.  That photo was ok . . .

Day5-New-StartFirst

But . . . the discover I made was . . .
If I give more distance between the placement of the front and back items, along with changing the angle of the photo, I get a much more out of focus background.

Day5-New-Start

I am still working on the out of focus foreground . . . but I am thinking I need that constant 2.8 lense that I am coveting . . . any 2.8 constant aperture lense!!!
Here are a couple more of those 50 photos, just because I can!!
The photos were all taken inside, no flash, using natural light from a window off to the left.

Day5-New-Start2 Day5-New-Start3

By the way, the theme is “NEW” and these photos are part of my “NEW START” for my mornings . . . a daily devotion every morning before the day gets under way.

eee Judy  eee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok - I like what you have discovered....the "blurred" background is a nice look. You have inspired me to have a go at some still life photography too!
btw - love your "new" signature.
ChRiSSy